If you are a pet lover and are considering buying an automatic feeder for your pet, you are in the right place. We’ve compiled a list of 10 best cat feeders and food dispensers you can buy right now. So, here we go!
1. Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs, Cats & Small Animals.
This redesigned fully customizable pet feeder for dogs, cats, and small animals of various sizes is such a great gift for both fur parents and babies.
You can set the time to feed your pets to up to 4 meals a day, select the portion size for each meal, and even record your voice so the device can play it to call your pets to eat.
It can be plugged into an outlet, or it can run on battery, making it easy to use for travel as well.
- Dimensions: 9.65” X 11.8” X 15”,
- Capacity: 1.14 gallons,
- Weight: 4.63 lbs.
- Power supply: DC adapter and 3 “D” size alkaline batteries
- Record Personal Meal Call Up to 10 Seconds
- Dispense from 1-10 Portions Per Meal; Each Portion is 24ml, Set Up to 4 Daily Distribution Alarms
- Blue Lightup LCD Clock & Display Provides Easily Adjustable Settings;
- Magnetic Lock Lid
2. TDYNASTY DESIGN Pet Food Dispenser
Another great option of an automatic pet food dispenser is this one smart pet feeder from TDYNASTY. The device has useful functions that are very easy to set and understand.
It can set feeding time for up to 4 meals a day, and you can turn ON/OFF each meal individually according to your preference.
You can select portion size and record voice. The device is easy to assemble and clean, and it can also run on batteries.
- Transparent food cover
- Capacity: 7.3 lbs (6.5L)
- Weight: 5.8 lbs (when empty)
- Power supply: power adapter (included) or 3 “D” cell Alkaline batteries
- Sound recording function
- Advanced infrared detection technology to prevent food from spilling and getting stuck.
- High-quality LCD for accurate feeding
- Up to 4 meals every day
3. DOGNESS Wifi Automatic Pet Food Dispenser
This is another smart feeder that is slightly more expensive than Antblocker. It has a 6L capacity and it can be programmed to dispense the equivalent of 6 meals per day and can customize a meal portion from 5 up to 200 grams, depending on your pet’s need.
It also comes with an App both available for iOS and Android to schedule feedings and even on-demand feedings. Comes with an HD camera to check on your pet and a night vision if you’re out late.
- Dimensions: L 16.5 * W 8.66 * H 16.14 inch (Assembled),
- Capacity: 6.5 lbs dry food
- Weight: 3kg (6.6 pounds) (without batteries & food)
- Power Supply: Battery and AC power adaptor (5V DC 1A with 3 meters (9 feet) long power cord)
- Voice record function and accurate portion control
- IP camera, feeding via APP
- Programmable when offline
4. PETLIBRO Automatic Cat Feeder
If you have one of those pets who is up at the crack of dawn and demanding to be fed, this automatic feeder will dispense food for your hungry pet without you having to leave your warm and cozy bed.
The Petlibro has a 5V DC adapter that powers it, and it also has 3 alkaline D-cell batteries in case of any power outage assures that your pet will be fed, even if you are away.
You can stay connected to your pet by calling Petlibro automatic pet feeder before meals with a 10 second voice recording clip, to give your pet an encouraging word.
- 16.9-ounce food tank
- Manual feeding function
- Personalized voice recording
- Powered by 5V DC adapter, or batteries
- Built-in desiccant box to keep food dry
- Battery back-up
- LCD screen
5. WellToBe Cat Feeder
If you have two pets, it can be a problem if you want to use an automatic food dispenser. Not any more with the WellToBe automatic dispenser that has two bowls and will depense equally into each bowl.
This WellToBe cat feeder can be programmed up to six meals a day at your scheduled times, and dispense into two separate bowls.
This dispenser has a built-in infrared detector that prevents food from jamming or overflowing. You will no longer have to worry if you are late from work, or get caught in traffic, your pet will be fed on time.
- Dispenses your chosen amount into separate bowls
- Record your voice for a 10-second recording to your pet
- Two stainless steel bowls can be removed for cleaning
- Holds 13 cups of dry food, each bowl holds up to 3 cups
- Can be scheduled for up to 6 meals per day
- Powered by an adapter, but has a battery backup
6. WOpet SmartFeeder
The WOpet hi-tech customizable automatic feeder for your dogs and cats will help you to establish good eating habits for your pets. As a consequence, this will allow them to have balanced body weight and live a long and healthy life.
From the beautiful and sleek design that can significantly complement the interiors of your home, the device is equipped with an HD camera, voice, and video recording feature.
It can schedule up to 6 meals a day with a capacity of 6.5L. Not having a night vision can be a downside, but many still go for WOpet because it’s easy to operate.
And the price is just right compared to other smart automatic pet feeders. You can also purchase a bigger feeding tray for pets, depending on your needs.
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 13.7 x 15.3 inch
- Capacity: 6.5L
- Camera: 120° Wide Angle Lens | HD 720P
- Power Supply: 5V/1A / 110-240V; D Batteries (not included) 3 Pieces
- Food Type: Dry food, 0.2-0.6 inches in diameter
- WOpet App: Android 4.0 or above / iOS 7.5 or above
7. Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing
More than just an automatic pet feeder, Furbo steps up the game with helping your little pets with games and treats. It is a food tossing a smart device with a beautiful design and ultra-useful features.
You can play a game with your dog even if you’re away. Even more, you can interact through the cam and play a game of catch.
You can fill the Furbo container with over 100 pieces of dog treats and control everything via the app. It has a 1080p full HD camera and night vision can monitor your pets through video and can detect your dog barking.
The app will alert you when it detects movement so you’d know if danger is coming. It can take a selfie of your dog when it is facing the camera, and it can alert you as well via APP when a person comes into view.
It also has a signal light that changes color depending on the condition (i.e., Blue light when the device is being used via the app)
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.7 x 8.9 inches ; 2.09 pounds
- Capacity: over 100 pieces of round shaped treats with a diameter around 0.4 inches
- Free Furbo iOS/Android app
- Wide Angle, 4x zoom, Full HD Camera & Night Vision
- 2-Way Chat & Adjustable Barking Alert
8. Petnet SmartFeeder, Automatic Pet Food Dispenser for Cats and Dogs.
The 2017 Petnet SmartFeeder is an improved revolutionary automatic feeder that offers something new to pet owners. Just like the others available on the market, this SmartFeeder can schedule automatic feeding with different portion size.
But the great thing about this device is that it works as a smart dietician by recommending portion sizes based on your pets age, weight, and activity.
One unique feature is the SmartDelivery (still in beta) where you can schedule a delivery plan and have your pet’s food delivered right in your doorstep.
While this automatic feeder does not come with a built-in camera, it is compatible with Nest Cam so you can still monitor your pet’s activities.
The Petnet SmartFeeder can store 5 to 7 lbs of dry food and dispenses 1/16 to 1 1/2 cups. It can also dispence 1/8 to 5/8 diameter kibbles.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 12.6 x 12.3 inches ; 11.2 pounds
- Capacity: 5-7lbs
- Portions: 1/16 to 1 1/2 cups
- Food container with lid and aluminum bowl insert
- Power supply: Chew-resistant Micro USB Cable, 1 Lithium-ion batteries required
- App: PetNet App for iOS or Android
9. PETKIT Automatic Cat Feeder
This device is convenient and light, designed taking into consideration the needs of your little pets. It can set up to 10 feedings per day, with each portion being about 5g.
This can either be scheduled or on-demand, depending on what you want since it can also be controlled through an App.
The PETKIT feeder boasts with keeping the food quality of your pets always fresh with its 360° food-grade Soft Silicone Sealing Ring and a moisture-proof desiccant box that locks in freshness.
- Dimensions: 31.9 cm / 31.5 cm / 17 cm
- Floor space: 0.054 m2
- Capacity: 2.8L, Up to 10 meals a day, 5g/portion (1/20 cup)
- Power Supply: AC wall unit and 4 x AA batteries backup option
- Works with wireless router 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n)
- Timer programming
- Magnetic absorption tray
- Silicone seal on the food outlet door
10. Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder
The Iseebiz Automatic Feeder is suited for both cats and dogs. Using this feeder you won’t have to worry about your pet’s died ever again. It allows you to program up to 4 meals a day and you can opt for 1-39 portion control. This way you can choose the right amount of food your furbaby
One major advantage Iseebiz automatic feeder offers is the option to be powered both using an adapter or batteries. This comes in handy whenever you need to move the feeder around the house and you want to preserve the initial settings.
The storage area is designed to be leak-proof, which helps to keep the stored food as fresh as possible. This helps your pet avoid ingesting old or stale food.
Last but not least, the Iseebiz has its own voice recorder, which allows you to save a 10-second message that will play at feeding time.
This is a very practical feature that allows you to train your pet to know when is the feeding time and therefore manage more regular and healthier eating habits.
- Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 15 inches
- Capacity: 3Lbs
- Built-in Voice Recorder and Speaker;
- Infrared Detection
- 1-39 portions per meal
- Battery or Adapter Powered
- BPA-free Plastic
As responsible pet parents, you know and remember fully to feed your dogs and cats. Sometimes there are certain circumstances that we can’t just avoid. Think of being stuck in traffic, emergency meetings, and trips that are impossible to cancel.
Hiring a pet sitter can be expensive in the long run, and we don’t want our pets to go hungry or provide them something that is no longer fresh just because we have other things to take care of.
With an automatic pet food dispenser, your beloved friends still can have their meal accurate and on time. Aside from meal scheduling, some of the automatic feeders listed above have Wi-Fi capabilities, photo and video monitoring, voice recording, and even suggested food portioning function.
One is a food-tosser that lets your dog play also while you are away. Plenty of options to suit your needs and preferences!
Andy is an urban survivor passionate about recycling, clean energy, and micromobility. He loves nature and people and peacefully militates for a balance between the two. When he’s not writing on Noble Urban you’ll find him riding his bike, fishing, or reading a good book.